Head of Manufacturing
- Sydney, Australia
At RØDE we are Passionate about Audio
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers.
We are currently seeking a Head of Manufacturing to support our aggressive growth strategy. The Head of Manufacturing will manage, coach, and develop manufacturing teams across two sites and a third party. This individual is directly responsible for deploying and optimizing high volume manufacturing solutions across a disperse supply chain and the ultimate success of RØDE's Manufacturing Operation. The span of control and influence includes Production Managers, Team Leaders, and hourly production team members to ensure high performance and continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
The ideal profile of this position calls for a flexible and well-rounded individual – someone who is self-motivated, detailed oriented, collaborative, has a breadth of technical and manufacturing understanding, and strong communication skills.
- Responsible for developing and executing a manufacturing strategy with a multiyear horizon
- Building an optimized and efficient assembly plant measured by productivity, quality, safety, and throughput to meet business requirements
- Reduce overall supply risk though contingency planning and understanding of plant capabilities, and in collaboration with Planning and Purchasing
- Identify gaps and lead process improvement initiatives to ensure best industry practices for Supply Planning
- Build a high functioning team that properly supports manufacturing complex product offerings
- Oversee the daily start-up of production area. Ensure line is properly staffed and manage staffing throughout the day; monitor expected and unexpected absenteeism.
- Maintain strong technical knowledge of operations; follow the escalation process to address and respond to abnormalities and recommend corrective action as required
- Attend daily production meetings and cascade necessary information to Production Managers. Communicate key issues to leadership team at the daily production meeting
- Oversee the deployment of standardized work within the operation. Coach and develop Production Managers to ensure standardized work is in place and is followed
- Develop a continuous improvement culture, utilize Lean/6Sigma, 5S, kaizen and other techniques in manufacturing operations
- Provide effective day-to-day leadership, work direction and support for the manufacturing team
- Ensure all quality standards, processes and test methods are followed
- Monitor quality performance, report and analyze metrics, drive issues to resolution
- Work cross functionally with all stakeholders to ensure business objectives are met
- Manage site safety, set and maintain site safety policies and procedures, report KPI’s, manage corrective actions
- Oversee a workforce of 250+ employees in the manufacturing department.
- Manage a direct staff of 6 x Production Managers over 2 shifts.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing with FMCG or High Tech preferred
- 10+ years of experience with a demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in MRP, JIT, Six Sigma, Lean Mfg., Kan Ban, and Vendor-Managed Inventory
- Strong analytical, data-processing, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in process formulation and improvement
- Knowledge and experience with product launch processes
- Meet deadlines and work under pressure, with limited supervision
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIs
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant tertiary qualification (business, engineering, or supply chain preferred)
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Proven track record in Manufacturing Management
- Proven experience in leading and developing a team
- Experienced at ensuring jobs are created and transacted correctly in an ERP system
- ERP Deployment experience Preferred
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Our production facilities are cutting-edge and are constantly expanding as we increase our capability with new manufacturing technologies and processes. RØDE’s investment in our in-house capability is aggressive, unmatched in the industry. Our plant boasts the finest technologies in metal engineering and production, Surface-Mount Technology electronics production, military grade finishing, plastic-injection mould manufacture, and a brand-new, best-practice toolmaking facility.
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from COVID-19 vaccinated people of all genders, ages, and backgrounds.
Applications for this position have closed.