Manager Product Design
- Sydney, Australia
At RØDE Microphones we are Passionate about Audio
RØDE Microphones manufactures and exports precision tools of creativity to the world. Our Australian designed and made microphones are exported to over 140 countries enabling millions of people around the world to be heard. Our employees are passionate, hard working, talented and are pivotal to our success.
If you are looking for the opportunity to build a team of exceptional product designers in 2019, then look no further than this role.
We require a proven design leader who understand how to get things done from detail design through to production. This role will involve leading our mechanical design and product design engineering team.
You will be challenged to rise above the ordinary
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Building a team of exceptional designers
- Delivery of projects from briefing through to production in a fast paced product development environment
- Ensuring all projects uphold a high standard of functional and technical performance – in line with the RODE brand
- Manage inputs from key stakeholders
- Some international travel may be required
The tools you bring will be enhanced by our Technology
We require someone with
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications
- Proven industry experience of product design engineering in consumer/technology product design and problem solving
- Experience in in-house product development environment delivering project to production
- Strong in detailing design concept through to production - Generating mechanical concepts and prototype testing, Detailing and design for manufacture and tooling, Tool design review with tool makers, Product verification (testing and documentation), Mechanical drawings, Production hand over
- Experience with variety of manufacturing processes - especially injection moulding, metal casting, metal fabrication and CNC machining etc
- Practical knowledge of materials, material properties and material finishing - especially plastics and metals
- Diligent, strong coordination, attention to detail, multi-tasking, flexible
- Determination to drive the team
- Ability to work across number of different multi-discipline design projects at any one time
- Good written and verbal communication to all internal and external stakeholders
- CAD – Advanced CAD modelling in Solidworks (required), Pro-E/Creo (desirable)
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Do you want to be part of one of the most exciting, forward thinking companies in Australia? Then Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to be the next person to join the RØDE team.
RØDE Microphones values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.