- Sydney, Australia
At RØDE Microphones we are Passionate about Audio
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? Are you interested in using your expertise to challenge yourself and the industry, designing and building precision tools of creativity for a hungry world market?
RØDE Microphones is looking for passionate, talented and dedicated Production Planner to join our rapidly-growing team.
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers, including Amazon, Best Buy, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Thomann and JB Hi-Fi. Our employees are passionate, hard working, talented and are pivotal to our success.
Your responsibilities will include
- Review the master schedule and work orders to establish production priorities
- Prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with purchasing for material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of materials to meet production requirements and Master Production Schedules
- Perform scenario analysis to ensure maximum throughput while simultaneously keeping the operations cost and inventory level at minimum level
- Maintain and revise schedules to maximize efficiency
- Release orders to the production team
- Work with cross functional teams to monitor the completion of orders, material issue, and receiving
- Expedite orders as needed to meet customer demand
- Evaluate and review production output to provide management with daily analysis and reporting of production status
- Liaise with production daily on the achievement of production plan and advise management of the status of Jobs work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed
- Recommend corrective action needed to maintain production schedule
- Establish and coordinate production schedules. Work closely with other departments, (i.e. SMT, Paint, Plating, Packing, CNC, Labeling, Packaging) to manage the product flow to meet deadlines and prevent line stoppages and delays
- Make sure that required materials reach the installation point at the proper time in the proper sequence and in sufficient quantity, in keeping with the schedule
- Liaise with purchasing and maintain inventory level for finished goods and raw materials
- Assess and determine reasons for delays in delivery of materials and recommends possible corrective action.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Manage MRP parameters to ensure timely material purchase order creation and delivery to support schedules and to meet inventory management objectives
- Ensures the ongoing functionality of the MRP and computer systems to generate accurate material requirements, production and inventory status reports, as well as the other information necessary to plan production and manage inventory
- Comply with Quality Management System policies and procedures
- Comply with Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures
To be successful you will need
- Hands on experience in manufacturing, inventory/warehousing control, production control/planning or scheduling experience a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Ability to work in a high pressured and deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated organization and MS Excel skills (MS Office, ERP, Oracle or equivalent)
- Excellent attendance required and the ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Strong results-orientation and execution characteristics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong ability to work with a team
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple conflicting tasks, make intelligent, timely decisions and solve problems independently
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Our production facilities are cutting-edge and are constantly expanding as we increase our capability with new manufacturing technologies and processes. RØDE’s investment in our in-house capability is aggressive, unmatched in the industry. Our plant boasts the finest technologies in metal engineering and production, Surface-Mount Technology electronics production, military grade finishing, plastic-injection mould manufacture, and a brand-new, best-practice toolmaking facility.
If you are interested in pursuing a unique opportunity to work with one of the most exciting, forward-thinking companies in Australia, inspiring millions of people around the world to realise their creative vision, apply today. We want you!
RØDE Microphones values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.
Applications for this position have closed.